The Biotechnology Committee is chaired by John Gillcrist, Bartlett Milling Company, and is tasked with looking at the broad policy implications of biotechnology regulation and advising NAMA on actions and positions to be taken.
Other structural changes include renaming the Product Promotion Committee to the Nutrition/Product Promotion Committee and the Kansas State Committee to the Milling Science and Operations Committee. In addition to working with stakeholder groups to support and promote the consumption of dry milled grain products, the Nutrition/Product Promotion Committee will also work internally on regulatory and legislative proposals on nutrition. Chairing the committee is John Miller, Miller Milling Company.
Breck Barton, Cereal Food Processors, Inc. chairs the Milling Science and Operations Committee. The committee will expand its education focus to include the Kansas State University Department of Grain Science and Industry and the IAOM (International Association of Operative Millers).
The structure and purpose of the other NAMA committees remain the same. The new chairmen are:
• James M. Meyer, Italgrani USA – Budget/Finance Committee
• Charles B. Stout, Pendleton Flour Mills, LLC – Meeting Committee
• Wayne Bauer, Star of the West Milling Company – Food and Facility Security Committee
• Donald L. Mennel, The Mennel Milling Company – Food Safety Committee
• R. Don Sullins, ADM Milling Company – Technical Committee
• Wade Ellis, Bunge Milling, Inc. – International Trade Committee
• Robert Y. Harper, Hopkinsville Milling Company – Corn Dry Milling Conference Committee
Ad Hoc Committees
• Dan Dye, Horizon Milling LLC/Cargill, Ad Hoc Committee on Futures Markets
• Richard C. Siemer, Siemer Milling Company, Ad Hoc Committee on Methyl Bromide