MANHATTAN, KANSAS, U.S. — Abstracts in support of the 2015 International Grain Quality and Food Security Conference topics are now being accepted.
The abstract submission deadline is April 10, with acceptance notification by April 30. Sections include oral presentations during technical sessions and posters to be displayed during the conference. A student competition will also be held in both sections, with prizes for top 3 of each section.
The 2015 International Grain Quality and Food Safety Conference, hosted by the Grain Science and Industry department of Kansas State University, in collaboration with NC-213 The Quality Grains Research Consortium and IGP Institute will be Aug. 3-6 at the Hilton Garden Inn and Conference Center in Manhattan, Kansas, U.S.
Abstract categories include:
• Characterization of quality and safety attributes;
• Efficient management systems for assuring quality, food safety and food security;
• Industry perspectives on grain quality and food security;
• Market-chain technologies for providing biosecure grains;
• Developing measurement systems for food safety;
• Advances in process technologies; and
• Assuring food security.
The overall goal of this conference is to provide a global symposium on the technical, scientific and economic opportunities and challenges involved in global grain-based food, feed, fiber and fuel supply chains to assure food security through physical and economic access.
Information regarding conference agenda, registration, accommodations, abstract submission guidelines, student competition info and exhibition and sponsorship opportunities can be found at the conference website.