GLADESVILLE, AUSTRALIA — Manildra Mill in Central West New South Wales, Australia, is hiring a production manager.
The mill, one of the largest in Australia, grinds wheat to produce a full range of flours from low-protein biscuit flours and protein-enriched flours to household and baker’s flours.
The production manager position is part of the senior management team. The hands-on role reports to the mill site manager.
Responsibilities include managing the milling production operations across the site and overseeing the milling production teams as well as other associated functions. The production unit ensures the effective and efficient delivery of quality and strategic focused milling services to support the organizations performance and business improvement.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all workers.
- Manage and report on production requirements across the entire site.
- Review equipment and maintenance requirements.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review policies, systems and procedures to provide efficient and cost-effective delivery of product.
- Liaise with relevant parties on production requirements and scheduling the plant production and monitoring of raw materials.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice in the workplace.
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to ensure objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and quality focus.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Fully qualified flour miller with additional milling school experience desirable.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience working in operations or leadership roles in a multi discipline, complex manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to working within agricultural and food manufacturing industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in production management, organization and planning and problem- solving methods.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with an ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders, including senior and line management and permanent and casual employees.
- Computer literate with experience executing spreadsheets and reports.
- Ability to act and manage autonomously.
- Previous experience with technical aspects of Bühler equipment and technology.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is May 31.