GLOUCESTERSHIRE, ENGLAND — A new state-of-the-art food analysis lab at food and drink organization Campden BRI has been named the Halls’ Laboratory in honor of a Gloucestershire family who have been involved with the company since its establishment in 1919.
The new laboratory was officially opened by Professor Martin Hall, director of science, who celebrated 40 years of service with the company on the July 1. The lab contains cutting edge instruments worth over £2.5 million, which will be used for the analysis of contaminants, food authenticity testing and flavor analysis.
Hall’s grandfather, F.W Hall, was the first to join the research company in 1919 and worked as an experimental gardener managing crop trials. His father, Les Hall, joined the organization in 1944 as a laboratory technician and retired as head of microbiology in 1987. Martin Hall’s uncle A.W. (‘Son’) Hall also worked at the organization from 1932 until 1968. The Halls have had a member of their family working continuously at the company since 1919 and together the family has given 148 years’ service to the company.
Campden BRI provides technical, legislative and scientific support and research to the food and drinks industry worldwide – with a comprehensive “farm to fork” range of services covering agri-food production, analysis and testing, processing and manufacturing, safety, training and technical information services.