PADOVA, ITALY — Omas introduced its Leonardo roller mill to the milling industry during the International Association of Operative Millers’ Conference in Palm Springs, California, U.S., and IPACK-IMA in Milan, Italy, in May.
The new roller mill was presented with historical Omas machinery like Giotto, the intensive skinner ideal for increasing milling yield; Galileo, the lagged, stainless steel and aluminium plansifter to sieve and classify milling products with no condensation; and the purifier, Michelangelo.
The Leonardo features a cylinder traction system with direct traction torque motors, through which each milling cylinder can be given the rotation desired, perfectly controlled and optimized. In this way, the technologist can set the machine precisely, based on milling requirements.
The Omas Pressure System (OPS) pressure measuring system enables the user to manage the peripheral speed of the two milling cylinders, feeder roller rotation speed and correct supply of power to main motors in the best possible way, only using the energy needed.
The Leonardo is small in size, saving considerable space in the plant and is much quieter than other similar machines on the market. It is simple to install and reduces ordinary maintenance costs to a minimum.
“Our great global success was confirmed by all the visits we received from sector operators, suppliers and about 80 mill company delegations from all over the world, in particular Germany, Russia, France, Sweden, the U.S., Israel, Japan, Egypt and Mexico,” Omas said. “They all showed great interest in the novelties presented and in the installations that had been finished.”
Omas said it received a supply contract for its first mill in Vietnam to a large Asian multinational firm.
Omas will be showcasing its equipment in October at the IAOM Mideast and Africa conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and at ALIM in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in November.
Features of the Leonardo roller mill include:
- Differentiated structure made of cast-iron and electro welded sheet cut by laser and worked by digitally controlled machines.
- Four or eight balanced rolls made of centrifugally cast-iron, of 500/520 HB average hardness.
- Double-row rollers bearings for the grinding rolls complete with conical bush for locking purpose.
- Differentiated motion of the rolls by means of one special rubber toothed belt with special double profile, that assures a silent functioning and avoids a periodic maintenance.
- Grinding roll cleaning devices with automatic disengaging of the brushes.
- Electronic control system with led probe for engaging/disengaging of grinding rolls and feeding rolls speed variation with gear motor and inverter according to the flow in the inlet sight-glass.
- Control panel equipped with display, rate motor absorption grinding rolls.
- Emergency push-button.
- Removable side protection guards.
- Inlet sight feed glass made of polycarbonate, with inner separation.
- Removable hood to simplify roll extraction.
- Feeding rolls revolution control system.
- Pneumatic control for grinding rolls automatic engaging-disengaging.
- Pneumatic control for feed valve opening and closing.
- Eye-bolts for lifting purposes.