HELSINKI, FINLAND — MacGregor, part of Cargotec, announced on Oct. 23 changes in its operative structure and reorganization into seven operative divisions, effective Jan. 1, 2015.
The six new operative divisions and a Global Lifecycle Support will enable MacGregor to improve customer service throughout the lifecycle of the products, offer more comprehensive packages and boost the development of new shiptype-specific solutions, the company said.
The MacGregor portfolio has grown significantly through acquisitions and now includes Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes,Triplex and Woodfield products. The new divisions will work closely together in marketing, sales, sourcing, R&D and engineering and thus leverage the scale and capabilities of the whole MacGregor organization for the benefit of MacGregor's customers, the company said.
To support this cross-divisional work, two new MacGregor Group-level functions are established: R&D and Sourcing, headed by Erik Hägglund; and Marketing and Business Development, headed by Pasi Lehtonen.
The new operative divisions are:
• Auxiliary and Machinery Systems Division, headed by Alexander Nürnberg.
• Cargo Handling Division, headed by Leif Byström.
• Offshore Load Handling Division, headed by Tom Svennevig.
• Offshore Deck Machinery Division, headed by Esko Karvonen.
• Offshore Mooring and Loading Division, headed by Leif Haukom.
• RoRo Division, headed by Magnus Sjöberg.
• Global Lifecycle Support Division, appointment will be announced later in 2014.