WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA — The Canola Council of Canada (CCC) elected a new chair and board members during the association’s annual general meeting in Montreal, Canada. Charlene Bradley will become the CCC’s new chair for board of directors.
Bradley is vice-chair of SaskCanola. She succeeds David Dzisiak, who finished his two-year term as chair and is stepping down from the board as a director.
“On behalf of the board, I’d like to thank our outgoing board members David Dzisiak and Neil Arbuckle for their leadership and long-standing commitment to the canola industry,” Bradley said. “We also warmly welcome three new directors as we continue to work toward our Keep it Coming 2025 goals.”
CCC directors are nominated by organizations representing growers, processors and exporters, as well as life science companies.
New to the CCC board of directors are:
· Garth Hodges, BASF, nominated by life science companies
· Ryan Law, Bunge, nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association
· Brad Orr, Corteva Agriscience, nominated by life science companies.
“Guided by our new work plan, and a strong and well-aligned value chain and board, the Canola Council is well-positioned to move the industry forward and respond to tomorrow’s challenges and opportunities,” Bradley said.
The new board was announced at the CCC’s annual general meeting held as part of the Canadian Crops Convention in Montreal, Canada.
The 2019-20 CCC board of directors also were announced during the convention.
Nominated by the canola growers associations:
· Charlene Bradley, SaskCanola
· Gerry Hertz, Canadian Canola Growers Association
· Curtis McRae, Manitoba Canola Growers
· Kevin Serfas, Alberta Canola
Nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association:
· Brian Conn, Louis Dreyfus Co.
· Michael Irons, Archer Daniels Midland Co.
· Ryan Law, Bunge
· Jennifer Marchand, Cargill Ltd.
Nominated by the Western Grain Elevator Association:
· Jarrett Beatty, Parrish & Heimbecker
· Rick Knightly, Cargill Ltd.
· Tracy Lussier, Louis Dreyfus Co.
· Dean McQueen, Viterra
Nominated by life science companies:
· Garth Hodges, BASF
· Brad Orr, Corteva Agriscience
· Paul Thiel, Bayer CropScience
The Canola Council of Canada is a full value chain organization representing canola growers, processors, life science companies and exporters