ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA, U.S. — The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) announced on Dec. 22 its calendar of events for 2016, with additional meetings to be scheduled.
The events, which vary in topic, location and target audience, will kick off Jan. 26-28 in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S., with the International Production & Processing Expo, co-hosted with the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association and the North American Meat Institute, and run through Nov. 3-5 in Tucson, Arizona, U.S., at AFIA’s Equipment Manufacturers Conference.
With the release of the Food Safety Modernization Act final animal food rule, AFIA hosted various Phase II trainings in 2015. The association will continue its trainings into 2016 — both in person and via webinar series — focusing on its Phase III agenda: how to comply with the new law.
“This upcoming year, AFIA staff will use technology to our utmost advantage, implementing more webinars, especially surrounding the topic of FSMA. Our goal is to reach as many members as possible, giving everyone an equal opportunity to benefit from AFIA’s services,” said Veronica Rovelli, AFIA director of meetings and events. “It is important for AFIA’s meetings to be well rounded and suit all needs; therefore, we will continue to focus on providing our membership, and the industry, with equivalent face-to-face meetings.”
Also in 2016, AFIA will partner again with Kansas State University to host quarterly distance education programs as part of an on-site program developed in 1976 between the association and the university. All four of the “AFIA 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing” courses are available for registration, with the first course starting Feb. 15.
Events for 2016 include:
• International Production & Processing Expo, Jan. 26-28, Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta Georgia, U.S.
• Purchasing & Ingredient Suppliers Conference and Spring Committee Meetings, March 9-11, Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
• HACCP Training for the Animal Food Industry, April 12-13, DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport, Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
• FAMI-QS Awareness in Feed Safety Program, April 14-15, DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport, Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
• Feed Industry Institute, June 13-16, Millennium Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training, June 16-17, Millennium Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
• Liquid Feed Symposium, Sept. 13-15, The Peabody Hotel, Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
• Equipment Manufacturers Conference, Nov. 3-5, JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
AFIA/KSU Joint Distance Education Programs for 2016 include:
• AFIA 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing, Feb. 15-March 18, Online
• AFIA 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing, May 9-June 10, Online
• AFIA 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing, Aug. 15-Sept. 16, Online
• AFIA 500: Fundamentals of Feed Manufacturing, Oct. 17-Nov. 18, 2016, Online