CREMONA, ITALY — Over the last few years, Ocrim has built and expanded many milling facilities in Central America and bordering areas.
With the exception of facilities installed in existing buildings, each of the mills was studied and designed in 3D with a modular concept to foresee upgrades and expansions without interfering with the existing unit’s operations.
“Ocrim has a very considerable market share thanks to the increase of the demand that has brought in new customers,” Andrea Schintu, Ocrim Central America manager said. “Ocrim has also benefitted thanks to a strengthening of the relationship with the 'historic' customers who have always believed in Ocrim and continue to work with and trust us.
“Ocrim’s customers chose the company and its products, because they trust the company to provide safe products, customized products, excellent customer care, high technology and latest generation machines that have been created using a futuristic approach,” Schintu said. “Ocrim’s high quality Italian made machines are made with great passion and dedication to serving the global grain processing industry.”
Ocrim’s projects included:
- Agroindustrias GUMARSAL, SA De CV; San Salvador, El Salvador; capacity of 150 tonnes per day of soft wheat.
- Molino Harinero Sula, SA De CV; San Pedro Sula, Honduras; capacity of 200 tonnes per day of soft wheat. It provides flours for bread making and the confectionary industry.
- Bufalo Industrial, SA De CV; San Pedro Sula, Honduras; upgrade from 100 to 250 tonnes per day of soft wheat. The mill provides flour for bread making and the confectionary industry.
- Cesar Iglesias, SA; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; capacity of 250 tonnes per day of soft wheat; 130 tonnes per day of corn. The mill provides flour for bread making, pasta production and the confectionary industry.
- Harinas SA; Torreón, Mexico; 300 tonnes per day soft wheat. It provides flours for bread making and the confectionary industry.
Two additional facilities will be completed at the end of this year including:
- Harinera Oro Del Norte, SA; Santiago, Pánama; capacity of 150 tonnes per day of soft wheat. The mill provides flour for bread making and the confectionary industry.
- Molinos de Costa Rica; Alajuela, Costa Rica; capacity of 300 tonnes per day of durum wheat. It provides durum wheat, semolina for premium pasta production.
Upgrades, integrations and expansions completed by Ocrim in the region include:
- Gold Mills de Pánama, SA; Panamá, Panamá; existing installations upgrade and expansion.
- Molinos de Nicaragua, SA; Granada, Nicaragua; new flour silo and packing lines.
- Molino Venecia, SA; Tecpán, Guatemala; supply of complete weighing machines system with ORMA yields management system.