CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, US — CME Group, a leading derivative marketplace, said its average daily volume (ADV) increased 20% in July to 20.4 million contracts.
Agricultural ADV reached 1.3 million contracts for the month, an increase of 14% from the same period a year ago. For the year, Agricultural ADV is down 8%.
For the month, CME reported the following increases for Agricultural ADVs:
- Chicago SRW wheat options ADV increased 51%.
- Corn options ADV increased 54%.
- Soybean oil options ADV increased 45%.
- Soybean meal options ADV increased 45%.
- Soybean meal futures ADV increased 26%.