MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, US — The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) is recognizing facilities with the 2020 Safety Award for going an entire year without a work-related lost time injury or illness.
Facilities are recognized with the Elite Tier Safety Award for going the entire year without a recordable workplace injury or illness.
Out of 425 facilities enrolled in the program, 353 successfully completed the year without any lost time injuries or illnesses. Of those facilities, 304 went the entire year with no recordable incidents to earn the elite tier.
The top facilities with cumulative hours include:
- Kelly Group Construction, Decatur, Illinois, US, 779,829 hours
- Knobelsdorff Enterprises, Goodhue, Minnesota, US, 415,958 hours
- Bunge North America, Council Bluffs, Iowa, US, 277,302 hours
- Bunge Canada, Harrowby, Russel, Manitoba, Canada, 150,575 hours
- Cargill, Albion, Nebraska, US, 40,612 hours
The top facilities with cumulative years include:
- Bunge North America DeSoto Landing facility in Arkansas City, Arkansas, US, 42 years
- Bunge North America Fountain Bluff facility in Grand Tower, Illinois, US, 38 years
- Bunge North America facility in Tipton, Indiana, US, 35 years
- Bunge North America facility in Blytheville, Arkansas, US, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Hickman, Kentucky, US, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in LaGrange, Missouri, US, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Yazoo City, Mississippi, US, 34 years
- Bunge North America facility in Tipton, Indiana, US, 34 years
To view the complete list of the award winners, visit the GEAPS safety awards webpage.
Enrollment for the 2021 Safety Awards Program opens in the fall and winners will be announced at Exchange 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri, US.