MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, U.S. — MGEX announced it had its second-best fiscal year at 2,320,880 contracts from September 2017 to August 2018.
The 2017-18 fiscal year was the fifth consecutive year in which MGEX’s total volume has surpassed two million.
Additionally, MGEX said 2017-18 was the second-best fiscal year of all-time for Total Electronic Volume with 2,040,152 contracts traded electronically.
“The Exchange is excited to see the strength of volume and open interest continue in the North American Hard Red Spring Wheat contract,” said Mark G. Bagan, president and chief executive officer of MGEX. “This success can be attributed in part to the ever-growing confidence the marketplace has in MGEX and its risk management products.”
MGEX reported these other achievements for the fiscal year:
• Two days entered the Daily Exchange Top-25 Volume records.
• Four months welcomed into the Monthly Exchange Top-25 Volume records.
• Five months entered the Monthly Electronic Volume Top-25 records.
• Three days welcomed into the Daily Electronic Volume Top-25 records.
• Three months broke their respective Total Monthly Volume records.
• Three months broke their respective Total Electronic Volume records.
• One month broke its respective Total Options Volume records.