Photo courtesy of FEFAC.
Major is corporate affairs director for U.K-based ForFarmers Group, the market-leading feed company in Europe. He is also chairman of the Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) and currently chairs the technical secretariat of the FEFAC-led Product Environmental Footprint pilot on feed in the context of the European Commission initiative for a single market of green products.
“I look forward to representing the interests of European Feed Manufacturers and build further on the foundations laid by the FEFAC Vision 2030,” Major said. “Safety and competitiveness of the livestock production chain, to which the feed industry is the most important input industry, remain the shared top priorities across the European continent for the years to come.”
Major replaces Ruud Tijssens, who had served as FEFAC’s president since 2013.
FEFAC also elected a new executive committee, all of whom carry the title of vice-president:
- Alberto Allodi, Assalzoo, Italy
- Jean-Michel Boussit (treasurer), Axereal, EUROFAC, France
- Christina De Sousa, Raporal, IACA, Portugal
- Dr. Anton Einberger, Trouw Nutrition, DVT, Germany
- Witold Obidizinksi, De Heus, IZBA, Poland
- Zoltan Pulay, UBM Feed Kft, HGFA, Hungary
- Ruud Tijssens, Agrifirm, NEVEDI, the Netherlands