MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, U.S. – MGEX has reported multiple records being broken during the month of July. Total volume for the month was the second best recorded in the history of the Exchange at 301,607 contracts, which is more than double July 2016’s volume.
Additionally, MGEX reports the following activity during the month of July:
- Best daily open interest: July 31, 2017 – 113,729 contracts
- Second best electronic volume month: July 2017 – 275,018 contracts
- Best fiscal year: 2016-2017 – MGEX has broken its previous fiscal year total volume record already; the fiscal year ends Aug. 31
- The previous record from 2014-2015 was 2,278,559 contracts
- Current total is 2,495,211 contracts
- Best options year: 2017 – MGEX has already broken the previous options calendar year record with five months remaining
- The previous record from 2002 was 61,226 contracts
- Current total is 75,888 contracts
- Three top 25 daily volume records
- 19 top 25 open interest records
Total volume for the year now stands at 1,844,396 contracts, which is 45% higher than at this time last year. Open interest following July 31 activity was 113,729 contracts and sets the new daily record; open interest is also 73% higher than a year ago.