WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA — The Canola Council of Canada (CCC) recently elected its new chair and board of directors at its annual general meeting. David Dzisiak has been elected the new chair of the board of directors for the CCC.
Dzisiak is commercial leader of Grains & Oils with Dow AgroSciences. He succeeds Brian Conn who finished his two-year term but remains on the board as a director.
“On behalf of the board, I’d like to thank Brian for his service as Chair, as well as our outgoing directors for their contributions to our industry,” said Dzisiak. “We also warmly welcome four new directors to our board as we continue our path to reach the goals of Keep it Coming 2025.”
New to the CCC board of directors are:
- Jarrett Beatty, Parrish and Heimbecker, nominated by exporters
- David Dzisiak, Dow AgroSciences, nominated by life science companies
- Gerry Hertz, Canadian Canola Growers Association, nominated by grower organizations
- Kevin Serfas, Alberta Canola, nominated by grower organizations
To provide a strong voice for all segments of the industry, CCC directors are nominated by organizations representing growers, processors and exporters, as well as life science companies.
The 2017-18 Canola Council of Canada board of directors are as follows:
Nominated by the canola growers associations:
- Charlene Bradley, Saskatchewan Canola Development Commission
- Brian Chorney, Manitoba Canola Growers Association
- Gerry Hertz, Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Kevin Serfas, Alberta Canola
Nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association:
- Woody Galloway, Bunge Canada
- Michael Irons, Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- Jennifer Marchand, Cargill Ltd.
- Dean McQueen, Viterra
Nominated by the Western Grain Elevator Association:
- Aaron Anderson, Richardson International Ltd.
- Brian Conn, Louis Dreyfus Company
- Jarrett Beatty, Parrish & Heimbecker
- Jeff Pleskach, Cargill Ltd.
Nominated by life science companies:
- Neil Arbuckle, Monsanto Canada
- Conor Dobson, Bayer CropScience
- David Dzisiak, Dow AgroSciences
The Canola Council of Canada is a full value chain organization representing canola growers, processors, life science companies and exporters.