MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, U.S. — The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) recognized 34 companies at the Exchange 2016 in Austin, Texas, U.S. Of the 548 facilities that enrolled in the 2015 GEAPS Safety Awards Program, 439 facilities at 34 companies successfully completed the year without any lost time injuries or illnesses.
“Safety is the number one priority for every company in this industry,” Marcus Neal, GEAPS first vice-president, said. “There are so many companies that want to honor their facilities and the number of hours worked without incident. It’s important to share our successes and best practices with each other and to recognize the facilities that achieve these safety milestones.”
Top facilities cumulative hours:
- Bunge North America, Atchison, Kansas, U.S., 1,896,583 hours
- Bunge North America OVC, Morristown, Indiana, U.S., 1,875,016 hours
- Farmers Grain Terminal, Greenville, Minnesota, U.S., 1,647,106 hours
- Cargill Grain & Oilseeds, Westwego, Louisiana, U.S., 1,618,230 hours
- Bunge North America, Decatur, Alabama, U.S. , 1,597,926 hours
For the complete list of award winners, click here.