KAILUA, HAWAII, U.S. — The 9th Aquafeed Horizons Asia will take place in Bangkok, Thailand on March 29, the first day for the FIAAP/VICTAM/GRAPAS feed and grain trade show.
The 2016 meetings have already seen registrations from the region as well as Europe, the U.S. and Australia. There are special rates for students and Thai delegates and groups.
This year’s conference will see implications for incorporation of non-traditional ingredients as a uniting theme for aquafeed conference.
The conference is designed for commercial aquaculture feed manufacturers and others wanting to learn about the latest formulation and processing solutions available for producing aquatic feeds.
Fishmeal substitution and a general trend toward plant-based feed ingredients will drive the agenda for the 2016 meeting: the implications of these changes in traditional diets for both processors and formulators will be explored by an international line-up of experts from industry and applied science.
Topics to be covered include:
- Interactions of extrusion and ingredients for aquatic feeds;
- Durable sinking fish feed with low starch formulations and an example with insect meal as alternative protein
- Process control in aquafeed production
- Pre?processing of feedstuffs to improve their feeding value for aquaculture feeds
- Feed for the future: the challenges and opportunities for a better and sustainable aquaculture industry
- Advances in amino acid nutrition of shrimp
- Gart as a platform to investigate disease control strategies against ahpnd/ems in shrimp
- Effect of an algo?clay based biocatalyst on the digestive and growth performance of juvenile shrimp (litopenaeus vannamei)
- Functional feeds – bad bug busters to reduce the impact from disease in farmed fish and shrimp
- Plant extracts in aquaculture feeds: from modes of action to practical application
Online pre-registration is required. More information and registration is available at: feedconferences.com