BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, U.S. — Concurrent track sessions at the 10th annual Oilseed & Grain Trade Summit Sept. 30-Oct. 2 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S. will address critical challenges and viable solutions that pertain to feeding a growing population where demand for animal protein is soaring, utilization of oilseeds and grains is morphing, and the inadequacies in global transportation infrastructure persists.
During the three tracks – Animal Protein, Oilseed & Grains Utilization, and Global Trade Logistics – on day two of the three-day conferenceseveral key industry experts will present, including:
• Rob Murphy, senior vice-president of livestock at Informa Economics, Inc.
• William Messina, Jr., agricultural economist from the University of Florida/IFAS
• Jim Wiesemeyer, senior vice-president of Informa Economics, Inc.
• David Dzisiak, commercial leader grains and oils at Dow AgroSciences
• Ron Gray, past chairman (2015) of the U.S. Grains Council
• Matt Ammermann, commodity risk manager for CIS/Black Sea Region at INTL FCStone
Central to addressing overarching supply chain and logistics issues, along with timely sector outlooks, the following questions will be answered at the Oilseed & Grain Trade Summit:
• What are the top seven consumer food trends affecting the oilseed and grains sectors today?
• Who are the winners and losers over the next 12 months in the beef, pork and poultry sectors?
• What are the innovative and sustainable water practices currently employed by major industry players?
• What are the key pricing trends for both ocean bulk and containers out of major origin markets?
• What does the growing demand for fish protein derived from aquaculture mean for the oilseed and grain sector as suppliers of ingredients for feed?
• What impact might the infrastructure investments in the Panama and Suez canals have on global oilseed and grain trade?
• How specific risk management tools can be leveraged to reduce risk and enhance margin generation at different points along the supply chain?
The Oilseed & Grain Trade Summit, with participation from Informa Economics, is the largest annual industry event that convenes buyers, sellers, and global leaders in the oilseed, protein meals, vegetable oils, and feed grains sectors. Learn more about the Summit, hosted by HighQuest Group, and co-located with the 4th annual Women in Agribusiness Summit, at www.oilseedandgrain.com.