The event will include internationally recognized speakers who will discuss supply and demand factors from around the world as well fundamental issues. This will be combined with networking opportunities through cocktail receptions and networking breaks.
Conference highlights include:
• World grain outlook featuring industry leaders Dave Hightower and Richard Feltes among others.
• Regional expert analysis of the key markets of South America, the Black Sea & China.
• High frequency trading debate featuring Eric Scott Husnader of Nanex and others.
• Trends and developments in the livestock/meat industries and the impact on feed/protein demand from Randy Blach of Cattlefax.
• Networking opportunities through a number of cocktail receptions and coffee breaks
A pre-event workshop on Options — A Flexible Choice, organized by CME Group, is planned at 8:30 a.m. on May 20.
This workshop is an interactive program designed to develop a foundation of options knowledge by familiarizing attendees with the terminology, concepts, mechanics and pricing of grain and oilseed options. It also includes a discussion of the newest types of agricultural options that can enhance hedging strategies by offering more cost-effective and flexible alternatives.
A session on practical risk management provides real-world examples for both buyers and sellers of grain and oilseeds. The workshop will conclude with a "Jeopardy-like" challenge. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
Global Grain is offering World Grain readers a discount on registration. Use the code GGNA14MP to email@example.com in order to obtain the preferential rate.