Brabender GmbH & Co. KG was founded in 1923 as Brabender Elektromaschinen GmbH by Carl Wilhelm Brabender. Today, the Brabender group, which has generated a steady growth in recent years, employs about 400 people.
As a leading supplier, Brabender develops, manufactures and distributes instruments and equipment for the testing of material quality and physical properties in all areas of research, development and production, worldwide, for the two application areas of food and plastics.
The product range includes instruments suitable for a variety of task areas, whether as a single unit or complete system. However, "hardware," and thus machinery, is not the only important factor. Appropriate, user-friendly software also determines the utility value of a testing and measuring device today. Therefore, the focus is on the development of customized software for the instruments.
At the company's headquarters in Duisburg, Germany, there is a technical applications laboratory available in which customers can also test the instruments themselves.
The group has a presence in over 116 countries with 80 distributors and an export share of about 80%. In addition to Europe, the major export regions are the Americas and Asia.