LONDON, ENGLAND — The International Grains Council’s (IGC) Grains Conference is planned for June 10 at The Tower Hotel, London, England.
The event, under the theme "Shifting Horizons for Global Trade," will assess the outlook of the grain market, and provide perspectives from a wide range of speakers and participants including international buyers and sellers, industry representatives and policy makers.
The main areas of focus include: a world grain and oilseeds outlook; a review of regional market conditions with a focus on Asia, the Black Sea and South America; changing trade patterns from a buyer and seller perspectives; and climate change and its market implications.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Mark Rosegrant, director, Environment and Production Technology Division,
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), USA
• Ramiro Costa, chief economist, Buenos Aires Grains Exchange, Argentina
• Joseph Glauber, chief economist, US Department of Agriculture
• Jilong Feng, deputy general manager, Jilin Grain Group, China
• Djamal Djouhri, chief executive officer, Al Ghurair Resources, UAE
• Vince Peterson, vice-president, Overseas Operations, US Wheat Associates
• Abdalla Elfagehia, director of board affairs, Joint Stock National Company
for Flour Mills & Fodder, Libya
The event will also include a pre-event networking reception, question and answer sessions, networking refreshment breaks and lunch, a full-day exhibition, two post-conference interactive workshops and simultaneous interpretation is provided in at least five languages.
For more information, contact Ann Knowles at 44.20.7513.1122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is also available at www.igc.int/en/conference/confhome.aspx.
|Sign up for our free newsletters
From daily reports on breaking news to weekly updates, World Grain has the grain, flour and feed industries covered.