MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, U.S. — The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) recognized facilities who completed 2011 without any lost-time work-related injuries or illnesses during the GEAPS Exchange on March 6.
GEAPS said of the 589 facilities at 42 companies enrolled in the 2011 GEAPS Safety Awards program, 440 facilities at 33 companies completed the year without incident. In addition to the facilities, GEAPS also named winners in the categories of cumulative hours and consecutive years.
Winning facilities, consecutive years
- First place, with 33 years, Bunge North America, DeSoto Landing, Arkansas, U.S.
- Second place, with 29 years, Bunge North America Fountain Bluff, Grand Tower, Illinois, U.S.
- Third place, with 26 years, Cargill AgHorizons, Tipton, Indiana, U.S.
- Fourth place, with 25 years each, Bunge North America facilities in Huffman, Arkansas. U.S.; Hickman, Kentucky, U.S.; LaGrange, Missouri, U.S.; Yazoo City, Mississippi, U.S.
- Fifth place, with 23 years each: The Scoular Company, Sidney, Nebraska, U.S.; Bunge North America, Newport, Arkansas, U.S.
Winning facilities, cumulative hours
- First place, with 1,414,272 hours Bunge North America’s Morristown, Indiana, U.S.
- Second place, with 1,135,559 hours, Farmers Grain Terminal Greenville, Mississippi, U.S.
- Third place, with 1,040,410 hours, Cargill Grain & Oilseeds Houston Export Elevator, Texas, U.S.
- Fourth place, with 931,647 hours, Bunge North America, Harrowby, Manitoba, Canada
- Fifth place, with 921,787 hours, The Andersons, Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
For a list of all 440 facilities that completed the year without an incident, visit http://www.geaps.com/news/news.cfm?id=144