MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, U.S. — Twelve people with new grain industry products or innovative ideas have been selected to make presentations at the Grain Elevator and Processing Society’s (GEAPS) Idea Exchange 2013. The program, set for Feb. 24, will give each participant an opportunity to explain their innovations on stage at GEAPS Exchange 2013 in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
The GEAPS Educational Programming Committee (EPC) selected the presenters at their meeting this month in Des Moines, Iowa, U.S. The EPC extensively reviews each application and then selects the most appropriate and applicable to be presented.
Idea Exchange has two parts. One part, “What’s New?,” provides a forum for participants to discuss products that are new to the industry, or which have unique, new features. The other part, “Why Don’t They?... I Did!,” focuses on innovations made at grain facilities that are put into practice to improve safety or efficiency.
The 2013 Idea Exchange participants, as selected by the EPC, are:
Why Don’t They?...I Did!
• Customized Apps and Utilization of Tablet (iPad) Technology for Decentralized Crew Management, Customer Communication & Safety Training, Arthur Moeller, CTEC AG / Moeller Engineering & Paul DelFino, Opportunity Inc.
• Centynal, Central Life Sciences
• Wellman Rail Car Opener, Wellman Enterprises LLC
• eView - Cloud based Hazard Monitoring, 4B Components Ltd
• ADB Bearing Temperature Sensor Tester, 4B Components Ltd
• Onslaught Fast Cap Insecticide, The Industrial Fumigant Co
• XP LED/MHD LED, Rig-A-Lite
• CPR, Corrosion Protection, Viscotaq
• ROSA WET Mycotoxin Quantitative Tests, Charm Sciences Inc
• CDS Deluge Fire Suppression System for Grain Dryers, Custom Dryer Service AR-111, CCS Group LLC
• Phosphine Resistance Testing, Insects Limited, Inc. / Fumigation Service & Supply, Inc.
• MU&Go plus+, Control Chief Corp