The vision of AIBTM is to evolve as a brand of excellence in education, training, investigation and research in bakery, biscuits, cookies, milling and allied food technology; and as a knowledge center.
AIBTM will offer the following programs:
• Short- and medium-time programs designed to meet requirements of industry.
• Industry specific programs that will focus on special areas.
• Faculty will develop and conduct programs to target issues that need specific attention.
The institute will design and offer programs covering a wide spectrum of products and related topics including bread baking; flour confectionary; biscuits and cookies; bakery management and supervision; short course on flour milling; extruded products; food safety and quality management; bakery engineering and maintenance; laboratory practice and testing; basic skills in science and language; and management skills for bakery businesses.
Assocom-India along with AIB International School of Baking has been committed to supporting the growth of the bakery industry in India through professional training. By providing an opportunity for interested persons to learn the science and technology of baking, the groups hope to obtain a critical mass of proficiency that will allow bakery owners and managers to create new products, improve the quality of existing products, and assure that the bakeries are operating at lowest possible costs.
This professional training will benefit the nation of India in the following ways:
• Increased variety of bakery products available- some more nutritious and others more indulgent.
• Increased employment opportunities as the industry grows.
• Control of pricing through reduction of costs rather than government regulation.
Upcoming events include:
• Jan. 19, National Seminar on Innovation in Baking Industry Kolkata, Hotel the Peerless Inn Kolkata ; www.nbs.assocom-india.com
• Feb. 7-9, 1st Global Milling Conference - (Food & Feed : Production, Market and Technology), Hotel, Vivanta by Taj – Connemara, Tamilnadu, http://assocom-india.com/gmc/index.php
• May 1-2, 5th International Grain Conference, Hotel Le Meridien, Windsor Palace, New Delhi; www.grain.assocom-india.com