ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES — The International Association of Operative Millers (IAOM) Mideast & Africa District announced on Oct. 31 speakers for its conference and expo planned Dec. 5-8 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
IAOM said it has invited top executives from international organizations such as the Swiss School of Milling, the Canadian International Grains Institute, U.S. Wheat Associates and more to give presentations on important issues concerning the challenges facing the milling industry.
Scheduled speakers on Dec. 6 include:
• Dr. Hischam El-Agamy, executive director, International Institute for Management Development (IMD); "Crisis or Opportunities: On Search of New Business Model"
• Michael Weber, director, Swiss School of Milling; "Expectation in Leadership"
• Earl Geddes, executive director, Canadian International Grains Institute (CIGI); "Linking Milling Knowledge to the Food Processing Sector"
• Mohammad Nass, general manager, Bahrain Flour Mills; "Social Networking in the Milling Industry"
• Mark Samson, vice-president for MENA, US Wheat Associates Inc.; "Middle East, North Africa & East Asia Regional Review"
The keynote speaker for the management session will be Spencer Kelly, a BBC presenter, who will speak on “Tech Food for Thought.” After studying computer science at Cambridge and presenting a breakfast radio show, Spencer now fronts Click on TV. He has travelled the world to discover how technology is changing lives. Click is the BBC's flagship technology brand across TV and radio. On TV it is broadcast throughout the week on BBC one, the BBC News Channel and BBC World News. The weekly radio edition is broadcast on World Service Radio each Tuesday.
Scheduled speakers on Dec. 7 for the technical/educational sessions include:
• Peter Lloyd, regional technical director, US Wheat Associates, Inc.; "Wheat Blending or Specification"
• Dr. Peter Boehni, managing director Nutrition Solutions, Buhler AG Switzerland; "How to Optimize Flour Quality"
• Dr. Irfan Hashmi, technical advisor-Wheat, GrainCorp Limited Australia; "Benefits of Using Hard White Wheat in Milling"
• Indrek Aigro, broker for Grains, Copenhagen Merchants Denmark; ”Wheat Harvest & Quality in the Northern Europe"
• Dr. Lutz Popper, head R&D, Muehlenchemie GmbH & Co. KG Germany; "Effects of Enzymes and Additives on the Costs and Quality of Pasta Flour"
• Ashok K. Sarkar, head, Milling Technology, CIGI Canada; ”Healthy Flour and Sound Margins"
• Mohammadreza Najafi, CEO, Petkus/ MMW Iran; "Supply Chain Management with Approach to Quality Control in Flour Milling"
The What's New Session will include:
• Vega High Capacity Grain Classifier; Marcel Ramseyer, Buhler AG- Switzerland
• Grain Conservation Cooling System; Raplph E Kolb, Frigor Tec- Germany
• Mixo Lab-Profiler; Charles Loubersac d'Hotel- CHOPIN Technologies- France
• Satake Grain Scanner Type RSQ 1 10 A; Shamik Patel, Satake Europe Limited- UK
• The Mill in Your Hand; Ugo Balistrieri, Ocrim Spa- Italy
• Brabender- GliutenPeak; Markus Loens, Brabender- Germany
• The New Development of Pneumatic Ship Unloader; Touraj Goudarzi, Neuero Industrietechnik- Germany
• The Ultimate Technology "Semolina HP"; Mauro Pizzamigilo, Golfetto Sangati- Italy
• New Evolution in Bag Closing Technology; Bontemps Rene, Fischbein- Belgium
• Processing of Food Ingredients by Coating, Mixing and Drying; Ulrich Vielhaber, AVA-Huep GmbH u. Co. KG- Germany
• MMW and Petkus Covering Seeds, Grain, Flour and Feed; I.A. Frank Spalek, MMW Technologie GmbH- Germany
Scheduled speakers for the training sessions on Dec. 8 include:
• Dr. Bill Tierney, chief economist, AgResource Company; "Global Market Outlook"
• Dr. Abdelatif Abada, executive director, Morgan Stanley;"Hedging Solutions for the Grain Market Participants"
• Wayne Bacon, president, Hammersmith Marketing Ltd-Grain Trading; "Purchase Risk Control--Contracts"
• Colin Tutt, general manager operations, CBH Group Australia; "Shipping & Logistics"
• Nick Poutney, regional manager, Middle East, Europe & Africa GrainCorp Limited Australia; "Australian Outlook"
• Jean-Benoit Gauthier, director, trading & sales (Europe, Africa, Middle East) Canadian Wheat Board Canada; "Canadian Outlook"
• Dan Hughes, vice-chairman, U.S. Wheat Associates, Inc.; "USA Outlook"
• Francois Gatel, director, France Export Cereales France; "French Outlook"
• "South American Outlook," TBA
• "Black Sea Outlook," TBA