MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, US — The Grain Elevator and Processing Society’s (GEAPS) has launched online business training courses.
The new online courses include 180 courses in 20 categories and will allow participants to have access to materials for 90 days or more. Some of the course categories include management, leadership, project management, communication, computer applications, finance, data analytics and creatively & innovation.
Commenting on how the new courses fit in with the organization’s existing program, Steve Records, executive director of GEAPS, said, “GEAPS has traditionally offered a number of in-depth courses and programs on grain operations topics.
“These new courses support our mission to advance industry knowledge by expanding beyond grain operations to include training in all facets of business operations, including leadership, project management and specific skills like Lean Six Sigma. Additionally, this training offers content that is applicable to everyone in the industry, including GEAPS associate members and suppliers to the industry who can build financial, marketing and data analysis skills.”
- 60 PDU Project Management Course Bundle (maintains PMP certification) — $999, 60 hours
- Data Analysis in the Real World — $79, 5 hours
- Excel Basics — $79, 3 hours
- HR Ethics Series Bundle — $259, 15 hours
- Introduction to Critical Thinking — $95, 7 hours
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Prep Course and Exam, $799, 40 hours
- Leading and Managing Change — $79, 4 hours
- Performance Management — $79, 3 hours
- Time Value of Money and Risk — $79, 3 hours
- Understanding and Managing Budgets — $79, 3 hours
“We are always looking for ways to develop our internal talent,” said Jeff Jones, international president of GEAPS. “From new employees who are just getting started in the industry to potential facility managers, we can build an individualized plan that we can use as part of performance reviews.”
Courses are developed by MindEdge Learning and are available anytime on demand. Some courses provide digital badges on completion. For more information and to register, visit the course catalog.