BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, US — The Women in Agriculture will host a completely virtual summit Sept. 16-18.
The ninth annual WIA Summit will include the extra activities that usually accompany the in-person event.
“We may have taken the ‘live’ out of the event having to go virtual, but we have kept the ‘lively’ in, to ensure an incredible interactive experience for our attendees,” said Joy O’Shaughnessy, event director for WIA and chief operating officer of HighQuest Group, the event host. “This, along with sessions on the most relevant topics and insights from industry experts, make this event truly one-of-a-kind.”
Alongside the agribusiness content and expert speaker presentations the summit will include:
- Live and on-demand sessions — The option to attend live sessions or come back later to view the recorded sessions.
- Targeted networking — Attendees can visit the main “ballroom” during networking hours or arrange private video chats or group meetings via the online platform.
- Film screening — The work of one of the 2020 WIA Demeter Award of Excellence recipients — Amy Wu, founder of From Farms to Incubators — will be presented for a screening.
- WIA members only gathering — This member’s only night includes a special cocktail treat mailer and mixologist demonstration.
- Women in protein gathering — Always a sell-out and sponsored by ING, this special get-together is for women in animal protein and includes a special gift from ING.
- WIA swag box — The first 500 attendees will receive a care package of goodies shipped right to their door, courtesy of sponsor Nationwide.
- And relaxation — As is done with the on-site event, morning yoga will be offered with a live instructor. WIA also will offer a view inside an animal farm during a relaxing tour.
For more information about the extra activities and event, visit the summit website.