WASHINGTON, DC, US — The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR) added 25 new senior ag industry representatives as advisers to serve on seven agricultural trade advisory committees.
The newly appointed advisers will serve until 2024.
Constance Cullman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA), and Mallory Gaines, manager of market access and trade policy for the AFIA, have been named to serve on the USDA’s Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee (APAC) and Agricultural Technical Advisory Committee (ATAC) for Trade in Animals and Animal Products, respectively.
Cullman and Gaines are two of the newest AFIA leaders to join as Gina Tumbarello, the association’s director of international policy and trade, has served on the ATAC for Trade in Grains, Feed, Oilseeds and Planting Seeds since 2014.
Advisers are representatives from across the US agricultural community who provide advice to the USDA and USTR on trade policy matters, including the operation of existing trade agreements and the negotiation of new agreements. The advisory committee system was created by the US Congress in 1974 to ensure that US trade policy and trade negotiating objectives adequately reflect US public- and private-sector interests.
“Just like many industries, the US animal food manufacturing industry depends on the sale of its products to international markets,” said Scott Druker, board chairman of the AFIA. “By having Constance, Gina and Mallory participating in these various trade advisory committees at USDA, it allows for the animal food industry to have a voice at the table as trade agreement and policy issues are discussed.”
The new advisers by committee include:
- Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee
- Constance Cullman, American Feed Industry Association
- David Puglia, Western Growers
- David Salmonsen, American Farm Bureau Federation
- ATAC for Trade in Animals and Animal Products
- Robert DeHaan, National Fisheries Institute
- Mallory Gaines, American Feed Industry Association
- David Herring, Hog Slat Inc./TDM Farms
- James Parnell, Alabama Farmers Federation
- Maria Zieba, National Pork Producers Council
- ATAC for Trade in Fruits and Vegetables
- William Callis, US Apple Export Council
- Casey Creamer, California Citrus Mutual
- Jodi Devaurs, California Table Grape Commission
- Jonathan Maberry, Washington Red Raspberry Commission
- Caroline Stringer, California Fresh Fruit Association
- ATAC for Trade in Grains, Feed, Oilseeds and Planting Seeds
- Peter Bachmann, USA Rice Federation
- William Gordon, American Soybean Association
- Derek Haigwood, D.I.D. Farms
- Patrick Hayden, North American Export Grain Association
- Dalton Henry, US Wheat Associates
- Edward Hubbard, Renewable Fuels Association
- Tina Lyons, Double River Forwarding, LLC
- ATAC for Trade in Processed Foods
- Kevin Latner, National Industrial Hemp Council
- Richard (Denton) McLane, McLane Global Trading
- Max Moncaster, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
- Bernadette Wiltz, Southern United States Trade Association
- ATAC for Trade in Sweeteners and Sweetener Products
- No new members
- ATAC for Trade in Tobacco, Cotton and Peanuts
- Karl Zimmer, Premium Peanut