HA NAM, VIETNAM – Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) opened its newest livestock feed plant, located in Hoa Mac, Ha Nam province, Vietnam.
The new facility marks ADM’s fifth animal nutrition plant in Vietnam.
“We are very proud of our new facility in Hoa Mac, which will allow us to better serve our customers as we continue to improve our operations,” said Matthieu Garnier, ADM’s operations vice-president for Animal Nutrition.
The new facility is located near northern Vietnam’s farming region and close to port facilities. Built on 4.6 hectares of land, the new facilities include a production area, three warehouses for storing raw materials and finished goods, offices, and a loadout bay with space for customer trucks. The plant will produce feed mainly for swine, but also for poultry and rabbits.
Technology within the facility includes:
- Pneumatic transfer of raw materials to avoid cross-contamination and handling of bags
- Full automatic control
- A biomass boiler to provide a renewable energy source
- An automated micro-dosing system to ensure accurate nutrient content in products
- An automatic bagging line and palletizing robot
“The livestock market in Asia is growing rapidly, particularly in Vietnam, where the export of livestock and aquaculture products provides plenty of opportunities,” said Pierre Duprat, ADM Animal Nutrition president. “With 25 years of experience in the country, our latest animal feed plant in Hoa Mac allows us to further strengthen our industrial and commercial coverage in the key Vietnamese feed market and continue to grow.”
Over the past five years, ADM has expanded its animal nutrition capabilities with a series of expansions and investments, including:
- Acquiring Neovia — a value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals worldwide.
- Building and renovating three specialty animal nutrition plants in China, and four in the U.S.
- Acquiring pet treat manufacturer Crosswind Industries.
- Expanding pet food ingredient manufacturing capabilities in North America.
- Purchasing Protexin—a provider of probiotic supplements for a variety of animal markets, including aquaculture, equine, livestock and companion animals, as well as human wellness products.