CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, U.S. — CME Group on July 2 announced that it set a quarterly record average daily volume (ADV) record in Agricultural Commodities in the second quarter of 2019 at 1.8 million contracts, up 6%.
It also set a record in Agricultural options at 359,000 contracts, up 10%.
Agricultural volume averaged a record 2 million contracts per day in June 2019, up 1% from the previous June. Highlights include:
- Record quarterly Corn futures and options ADV, up 30% to 774,000 contracts
- Record Lean Hog options OI of 467,000 contracts on June 17
- Corn futures and options June ADV grew 21% to 875,000 contracts
- Grain and Oilseeds futures and options June ADV rose 1% to 1.8 million contracts
- Livestock futures and options June ADV grew 13% to 170,000 contracts
- Hard Red Winter Wheat futures and options June ADV increased 3% to 83,000 contracts.