CHOPIN Technologies introduces Rheo F4 instrument
Sept. 24, 2013
by World Grain Staff
VILLENEUVE LA GARENNE, FRANCE — CHOPIN Technologies in September introduced the new Rheo F4, which can measure the production and retention of carbon dioxide, as well as the volume and tolerance of dough during proofing in a single test.
The volume of the proofed product (breads,brioches…) depends on both the carbon dioxide production capacity from the yeast and the ability of the dough to retain this gas while it continues developing. These essential characteristics of dough proofing are evaluated and monitored with the Rheo F4.
Applications include, but are not limited to:
• Determining the optimal time for products to be placed in the oven.
• Assisting in the development of gluten free products.
• Analyzing the changing fermentation properties of frozen dough.
• Analyzing entire dough formulas containing sugar, fat or dietary fiber.
• Verifying yeast activity.
• Evaluating the impact of additives or the specific action of enzymes.
For more information, visit www.chopin.fr.