Nuts & Bolts: Scales and Weighing Equipment
January 01, 1997
by Teresa Acklin
Flow control scale
The Feedamatic 67 flow control scale delivers a uniform flow of material at the exact selected rate regardless of changes in moisture level or density.
The Feedamatic's features and benefits include
• advanced, twin single-point load cells on four isolated mounts to ensure accuracy, even when load is off center;
• uniform flow, compact and hygienic because of new mass-flow weighing hopper design;
• inlet and discharge gate bearings and socks that are isolated from material flow to increase hygiene and reduce maintenance;
• maintenance-free, high torque, quarter-turn actuators with sealed moving parts for hygiene and safety;
• superior ergonomics — calibration panel is on the scale while operator's display can be located remotely;
• precise control with fast start-up and shutdown because of maintenance-free, force-balanced electro-pneumatic positioner.
Comptrol Computer Control, Inc., 5640 Tomken Rd., Unit #4, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 1P4. Tel: 905-238-5957. Fax: 905-238-5959.
Digital automatic moisture tester
Seedburo Equipment Company's Model DMC-700 Moisture Tester provides fast, accurate moisture results on more than 200 commodities ranging from commercial grains and seeds to nuts and processed materials.
The Seedburo/Burrows standard model features
• direct moisture results
• automatic temperature correction
• bright, easy-to-read l.e.d. display
• pushbutton operation
• self-check calibration procedures
• 110/220 volt or 12 volt battery operation.
Seedburo Equipment Company, 1022 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Illinois, 60607-2990, U.S. Tel: 312-738-3700. Fax: 312-738-3544.