N. American Tech Outlook: Premier Tech Chronos
July 01, 2003
by Emily Buckley
Originally formed in 1989 to satisfy a need for automation at a sister-company, Premier Tech Chronos is currently amongst the world’s top 5 players in the field of flexible industrial packaging machinery. With a multi-disciplinary team of nearly 500 people based in North America, Europe and Asia, the company is active in more than 21 countries worldwide. As a business unit of Premier Tech Ltd., it has rapidly made its mark thanks to innovative equipment, a complete system solution approach, and most importantly customer satisfaction.
Part of the company’s rapid growth can be attributed to diversification. Staying true to its mission of becoming a technological and commercial leader in its different business areas, Premier Tech recently acquired the assets of Chronos Holdings Ltd. Founded in 1881 and operating as Chronos Richardson, this company was one of the leading manufacturers of packaging systems and equipment for powdered and granular materials.
Premier Tech Chronos is now strategically positioned to service its customers as a single source supplier for equipment within the following packaging technologies:
• Weighing and volumetric dosing systems.
• Open mouth bagging systems for paper, plastic, poly-woven and jute bags.
• Form, fill and seal bagging systems using center-fold and tubular films.
• Valve bag filling systems.
• Densification/compression/de-aeration bagging systems.
• Bulk bag filling/dispensing systems.
• Palletizing systems both conventional and robotic.
• Load security systems.
Premier Tech Chronos
1, Avenue Premier
Quebec, G5R 6C1 Canada