Global Grain Asia planned in Singapore
Dec. 11, 2013
by World Grain Staff
SINGAPORE — This is the third year that Global Grain has partnered with CMT Group in Singapore to run Global Grain Asia, March 11-13, 2014, at the Shangri La Hotel.
The event had previously been run independently as the World Grains Trade Summit by CMT and the event continued to grow. The 2013 event attracted more than 350 delegates from more than 40 countries. In recent years, there has been an increase in delegates from all around the world particularly Australia, Canada, South America & the Black Sea.
This past March, CBH arranged a 10-day tour of South East Asia, including Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, aimed at bringing growers closer to the customers and end-users of their grain.
In 2014, the goal is to attract more flour and feed millers from the key regions.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Analyzing the current outlook for the world’s key origins: Which region is best placed to feed Asia?
- Buying patterns in China’s wheat markets and the global implications.
- Outlining the key considerations for some of the regions key flour mills.
- Assessing the rapid growth of the sorghum market, particularly in China.
- Black sea and doing business with Asia: Dealing with the complexities of this developing relationship.
- Outlining the concerns and opportunities facing traders in Asia.
The following speakers have been confirmed for the event.
- Emily French, managing director, ConsiliAgra
- Ric Pinca, president, The Philippine Association of Flour Millers
- Franciscus Welirang, director, PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk & Chairman, Indonesian Flour Mills Association
- Dr. Neoh Soon Bin, managing director, Soon Soon Group
- Tom Guthrie, group manager – trade, Toepfer
- Michael Jester, managing director, Peter Cremer
- Laurent Delcourt, trading manager, Quadra Commodities
- Francois Dotta, head of merchant finance, managing partner, EuroFin Asia Group
- Pablo Altuna, senior group manager – Trade Toepfer
For more information, visit www.globalgrainasia.com/